Sunday, January 4, 2009

First Long Run of 2009

Decent long run yesterday up Bald Hill and the ridge. Big crew for this one, including Guy, Gaby, Dave, Linda, Meghan, Sue and a couple of gals I don't think I've met before ... Nancy and Sarah (?). My stomach was causing me some grief. Still I managed 32K ... did a last rep solo after everyone parted company. It was a real mud-fest, especially on the east trail off the hill. Not sure I'll be ready for the full 50K at Orcas Island ... might just do the 25K.

Today M, Beth and I drove up as far as we could up Mary's Peak. The road was treacherous & I had visions of slipping off and rolling on down to where no-one would ever find us. That didn't happen. We did a good hike ... but the snow never got deep enough for snow shoeing. The girls had a blast. Looking forward to a trip to Hoodoo.

No comments: